Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Batman Begins

Nice try.
Yes, really. Nolan really did make an effort to go back to the *real* Batman of the comics. He watched Bladerunner a lot, apparently, and the effect is certainly visible. But it's just not good enough. Gotham is dark, but not quite chilling, Christian Bale's attractive, but not quite right, Batman's a little strange but not as mental (well yes, I love the man, but he's mental!) as he needs to be.
Katie Holmes is pretty, but she's just a non-entity...she isn't noticeable at all. Does this woman have a personality in real life? I'm curious.
And oh, look. It's Qui gon.


It's the year of the gritty SF movie...and this is a joke, but I will now imagine Jennifer Aniston with a bug head for the rest of the day.

2 comments:

Fadereu said...

saw it last night. i loved the second half. edgy without going over the top.

*SPOILER WARNING*

I loved how the hallucinogenic smoke grips everyone in the city...creepy.

Katie is cute. But passable...I loved the line:

"It doesn't matter who you are deep inside. Its what you do that defines you..."

heh.

Poison Ivy said...

Hey she has Tom Cruise eating out of her hands...no joke.
Btw,I can never think ill of any Batman movie cuz Hes like my childhood love...hell I named myself after one of his series characters!!